- Aaron Beomjun Bae
- Masters in Computer Science
- UC Irvine Class of 2021
- Focus on Natural Language Processing
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- University of Washington Class of 2019
- Started attending since September 2019.
- Focus in natural language processing using transformer based models.
- Participating in Center for Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems.
- Looking for full time software engineering or data scientist role after graduation
- Attended from September 2015 until June 2019
- Applicable Mathematics classes such as Matrix Algebra, Differential Equations, and Mathematical Reasoning
- Applicable Data Science classes such as Database Management, Data Structures and Algorithms, and Artificial Intelligence
- Abundant research experience from Washington Experimental Mathematics Lab (WXML) and assistantship to graduate researcher at Foster School of Business.
- Member of the Sigma Nu Fraternity Gamma Chi Chapter.
As a graduate researcher for Professor Padhraic Smyth, I am working on ways to analyze dialogue dataset. Datasets like Switchboard Corpus and ICSI Meeting Recording Corpus contains turn-by-turn transcripts from a conversation along with a few semantic annotations. The goal of the project is to analyze this conversational dataset to develop a method to quantify the quality of information exchange.
I was invited to work with Professor Christopher Hoffman to participate on his Mathematics in Gerrymandering Project. He works to analyze search the state space for the ways to draw out the districts. We used C++ and Python as the engine of the project, and built NodeJS servers to distribute, visualize, and explain the political data we mined.
Assitantship to Emisa Nateigh, Ph.D:
As a lab assistant to Emisa Nateigh, a Ph.D student at the University of Washington Foster School of business, I helped to create a machine learning system to perform Multi-Tasking Gaussian Process learning algorithm on the collected medical data. Mainly, used Python and NumPy to carry out the statistical process. Used MatplotLib and D3.js to visualize the information.
Continuing my intersets in backend web development, I worked with a University of Washington alumn who was starting a company called Dapper. The company needed a basic web based platform to launch their project, and I helped them by creating an AWS server to handle their client traffic.
As a frontend developer, I worked on improving CrowdCow's private e-commerce platform by changing the client purchase UI pipeline. Also, worked on various features like in-house data visualization dashboard that displays company statistics.
As a backend developer, I worked on middlman the information between the database and the client servers. Main technologies that I used were MySQL, Ruby on Rails, Git, Bundler, RuboCop, Stripe, and Puma.